This dessert is made from whole grains and has no added fat or refined sugars—and yet remains deliciously addictive! Plus, it takes only five minutes to prepare (plus baking time). For a variation, substitute blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries for the blackberries.
- 1/3 cup Bow & Arrow Brand white cornmeal
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen (one 10 oz. bag)
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Spray an 8-inch pie pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk again, just until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lightly oiled pan and evenly top with the blackberries. Bake for 45 minutes, or until nicely golden-browned. Cool for five minutes and then serve.