This breakfast treat is blue times two! With the goodness of Bow & Arrow Brand blue cornmeal and antioxidant-rich blueberries, you’ll be supercharging your morning in the most delicious way!
- 1 ¼ cups Bow & Arrow Brand blue cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup nondairy milk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (unless you’re using vanilla flavored milk)
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh (frozen can be substituted if needed)
For Pan-Frying: Non-virgin coconut oil (or sunflower oil), as needed
Toppings: margarine, additional fresh blueberries, and maple syrup
- Combine the cornmeal, sea salt, and sugar in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Boil the water and stir it into the dry ingredients. Add the milk and vanilla, stirring well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a little oil. When the skillet and oil are hot, drop the mix onto the pan to form circles. When golden-browned underneath, flip over. Once browned on both sides, remove to a plate.
- Serve topped with a little vegan margarine, a few fresh blueberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.