This polenta seems like upscale Italian food but couldn’t be easier to prepare! It will be our little secret.
- 1 cup Bow & Arrow Brand yellow cornmeal
- 3 ½ cups water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nondairy margarine
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/3 cup EACH: chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped Kalamata olives, and chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, whisk the cornmeal with the water over high heat.
- As soon as the mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to the lowest possible setting. Continue to whisk often over low heat until the mixture is very thick. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, margarine, garlic, tomatoes, olives, basil, and pepper until well combined.
- Serve immediately in bowls or press into a baking dish and refrigerate for a few hours. Once firm, you can cut the polenta into slices and pan-fry in olive oil or margarine.