This is the perfect healthy comfort food, any time of year!
- 1 cup Bow & Arrow Brand yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 oz. baby portabellas (3 cups sliced portabellas)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- In a medium pot, place the cornmeal, water, and rosemary. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to as low as possible and continue to cook, whisking often (with a wire whisk) until the mixture is thick. This will take about ten minutes. Stir in the rosemary, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and set aside.
- In a large skillet, place the portabellas, vinegar, tamari, and oil over medium-high heat. Sauté for about five minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms are very tender and all of the liquids have been absorbed. Stir in the garlic and set aside.
- Serve the polenta topped with the mushrooms.