This is an elegant, impressive, and delicious way to serve pancakes. The fact that they’re also whole grain and nutrient-dense makes them even more fabulous!
- 1 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix
- 1 cup nondairy milk, such as almond milk
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- ¼ cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Oil for pan-frying (non-virgin olive, safflower, or sunflower)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
Optional: Additional raspberries
- Combine the pancake mix with the milk. Stir very well to thoroughly combine, making sure there are no remaining bits of dry mix. Stir in the lemon zest and raspberries.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. If you don’t have a truly nonstick pan, you will need to oilthe skillet well so that the raspberries don’t stick.
- When the pan is hot, drop the batter onto it to form your pancakes. When they are very bubbly on topand browned on the bottom, flip over and cook the other side. Remove to a plate.
- Repeat until you’veused all of the batter. Serve hot, sprinkled with the lemon juice and dusted with the powdered sugar. If desired, garnish with additional raspberries.