This is a delicious, moist banana bread that’s free from cholesterol and refined flours. It’s especially delicious with the taste and texture of Bow & Arrow Brand cornmeal!
- 3 mashed bananas (use very ripe bananas)*
- ¼ cup oil (sunflower, safflower, or non-virgin coconut)
- 6 oz. container of plain or vanilla yogurt (I use coconut or soy yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour)
- ½ cup Bow & Arrow Brand yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour)
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons organic
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon EACH: baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseeds (whole)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the wet ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients well in a separate bowl using a sifter or wire whisk if necessary.
- When the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined and lump-free, add them to the bowl with the wetingredients. Stir together just until well mixed (don’t over-mix).
- Lightly oil a bread/loaf pan and pour the batter into it (using a rubber spatula to make sure you get allof the batter into the pan).
- Bake for an hour, or until the bread is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Gently remove to a cooling rack. After about five minutes, slice and enjoy!
Makes about ten slices of bread