This easy peasy dish is the epitome of Mexican comfort food. Creamy polenta is topped with all kinds of spicy, healthy goodies for a light, colorful, and satisfying entrée.
- Medium tomato, chopped
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup EACH: diced green onions and chopped cilantro
- ½ medium avocado, chopped
- ¾ cup Bow & Arrow Brand yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 medium-large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- ½ fresh lime
- Prepare all of the toppings and set them aside.
- In a medium-large pot, place the cornmeal and water. Set to medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring with a wire whisk. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk often until thick. This should take about ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the margarine, salt, and garlic until well combined.
- Place the polenta in two bowls and top with the tomato, beans, onions, cilantro, and avocado. If desired, add the jalapeno and squeeze with lime juice. Serve.