These waffles are made with 100% wholesome ingredients, so you can feel great about having seconds (or thirds)! For an extra treat, top with sliced fresh banana, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- One very ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Bow & Arrow Brand white cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon oil (sunflower, melted coconut, or safflower)
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt, baking soda, and nutmeg
- Begin preheating your waffle iron.
- Place the peeled banana in a medium bowl. Mash it well with a potato masher or fork. Whisk in the almond milk and cornmeal.
- Add the oil, brown rice flour, and cinnamon. Whisk again until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Once your waffle iron is hot, spray with a little oil if necessary and begin making your waffles according to the directions of your waffle iron. Serve immediately or freeze individually for later use.
Makes 4 waffles