For some reason, I just love the combination of savory herbes de Provence alongside the crunch of cornmeal. This is a very easy dish to whip together, and you can eat it plain or in salads or wraps.
- 16 oz. tofu, firm or extra-firm
- ¼ cup Bow & Arrow Brand yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (garlic granules)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt (use less if your herbes de Provence contains salt)
- Pan-frying:2 tablespoons oil, olive or sunflower
- Slice the tofu into eight slabs (lengthwise).
- Place the cornmeal, herbes de Provence, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each tofu slab into the coating so that they’re coated on all sides. Place on the skillet in a single layer and pan-fry for about four minutes on each side, or until lightly browned on each side. You’ll most likely need to do this in two batches, adding the remaining oil for the last batch. Serve warm or hot.