These whole grain, gluten-free onion rings are so tasty they’ll make you forget about the unhealthy kind!
- ¼ cup ground flax (flaxmeal)
- 6 table spoons water
- ½ cup Bow & Arrow Brand white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup cold almond milk, unsweetened and plain
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ cup Bow & Arrow Brand yellow cornmeal
Medium onion, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch rings
Oil spray, olive or coconut
- Preheat your oven to 400° Spray a large baking sheet with oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the coating ingredients. Set aside. Place the cornmeal in a separate bowl nearby.
- Now it’s assembly line time! Start by dunking each onion ring into the liquid coating mixture, then tossing with the cornmeal. Use a separate hand for each task to avoid getting your “dry” hand all gooped up. Place the coated onion ring on your oiled baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the onion slices until they’re all coated, placing them on the baking sheet without touching each other.
- Spray the tops evenly with oil spray and bake for ten minutes. Remove, flip over gently, and spray again. Bake another ten minutes, or until they’re browned and crisp. Enjoy immediately.