This snack or side dish takes only minutes to prepare and is chock-full of fiber and nutrients!
- Small eggplant (12 oz.), cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons EACH: garlic granules and dried oregano
- ¼ cup Bow & Arrow Brand Indian cornmeal
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Spray a large baking sheet with oil and set aside.
- Toss the eggplant slices in the tamari. Lay them out flat on the baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with half (one teaspoon each) of the garlic granules and oregano. Next, sprinkle with two tablespoons of the cornmeal. Spray well with the coconut oil (You’ll want to start out gently so the spray doesn’t make the cornmeal fly about!)
- Flip each piece over. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining garlic and oregano, and then the remaining cornmeal. Spray again, as before.
- Bake for ten minutes. Remove, spray the tops again, and flip each piece over. Spray the other side again. Bake another ten minutes, or til golden-browned and tender. Serve.