Blue Breakfast Grits
- 2/3 cup Bow & Arrow Brand blue cornmeal
- 2 cups almond milk, plain and unsweetened
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional almond milk, to taste
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted almond slivers or slices
- Place the cornmeal and milk in a medium pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to very low and whisk well. Add the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk again and continue to cook until the mixture is very thick. This will take at least ten minutes, and you’ll want to whisk the mixture very often to prevent sticking and spattering. If needed, you can cover the pot while the grits are cooking.
- Once the mixture is thickened, remove from heat. Place the grits in two bowls. Top with a little of the additional almond milk, the blueberries, and almonds. Serve immediately.