If you’re extremely sensitive to gluten, be sure to use gluten-free oats (or substitute quinoa flakes for the oats).
- 4 cups apples (any kind), chopped or sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup margarine or coconut oil (non-virgin)
- ½ cup Bow & Arrow Brand White Corn Meal
- ½ cup EACH: coconut sugar, rolled oats, and brown rice flour
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a round pie pan (or 8” x 8” pan) and set aside.
- Combine the apples, cinnamon, water, and lemon juice in medium bowl. Stir well and then place in the lightly oiled baking pan. Set aside.
- Melt the margarine or oil over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining topping ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly distribute the topping over the apple mixture. Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the topping is nicely browned. Serve hot or warm.